Wednesday, September 10, 2008

From Paris to Saigon

"Kim: Tam's chance lies with you now, not with you now not with me.

Ellen: No! can't you see? It can't work,it can't be.

Kim: If you're saying that because you made him change his mind!
Chris must go away and leave me and his son behind!
If you're saying that, because my husband has another wife!
My child has no future,like the dust of life!
He must come tonight to my place!
Tell me so to my face!"

As the end of Miss Saigon draws nearer, Ive been watching the show more intently. The show itself is amazing. The story is something that everyone should see. Watching the show everyday has really put things into perspective. Hopefully most will come see the show so i'll try not to spoil to many details.

Everytime I think I am sad or depressed or stressed or i think things couldnt be any worse, i think of Kim, She has helped me realize how insignificant my problems are. I think at least i wasnt whored out to lose my viginity and then get pregnant and strive my whole life to make the best for your son no matter what it may take. The poor girl goes through hell and back. I know it may only be a show but these kinds of things happened in real life. There are people all across the world that have problems. Dont think that you are the only with problems. We all have them. No matter how miniscule it may be.

Paris for example. There is a girl on my bus whose name is Paris. On first meeting her she told me i was a "big meanie" and she was cheerleader. Well on the bus yesterday, the whole bus was completely packed, and she decided to sit next to me. Initially she was a total bitch. It was whatever though. Before getting off the bus, she decided to all of a sudden open up. It was so weird. Apparently she went to public school her whole life and she is now struggling to keep her grades up. When we got closer to home I said i was going to be glad to go home. Her response was something i never thought would have came out of the girls mouth,

"I really dont want to go home. I cant stand it there. I cant stay still for more that 3 minutes. ... I have ADHD. I know. I know. Its just i cant stay focused to do my work. Im getting medication tomorrow. I really dont want to take it. I really like who i am. Im a fun outgoing person and the meds take that away from me. I know that if i dont take then though then my grades with suffer with lack of focus. And with bad grades my parents are going to take me out of Karate. I cant do that. Its my life. So i am losing myself just so that I can do something i love to do, but cant reach my potential cuz im losing the real me because of the meds."

I didnt know what to tell her. Tears were welling in her eyes. The girl I didnt even know. She just so badly needed some to talk to. I just coudnt believe what was happening. As i walked from the bus stop i couldnt help but think about her. This was her problem. She had one. She, the tough girl who has to act hard, broke down right in front of me. We all have problems, and we will all evetually get past them. We all do. Just remember, when things are looking at thier worst, Think of Kim.

Things are pretty content right now
I wonder when my next problem will arise
Until then blog thank you for letting me open up to you
Thanks

No comments: