Monday, April 6, 2009

blogworthy.

If you are one of those people that don't like play by play weekend blogs, then this blog isn't for you. I want to make sure that i remember the past few days forever.
This weekend, to say the least, was blogworthy. It played out in ways i never thought possible.

Starting with Friday, Hannah and I made last minute plans to go to Electric Lady Land and schedule an appointment and put down a deposit on a tattoo that i wanted to get. She picked me up after school, and off we went. Windows down, cigarette in hand and show tunes as loud as possible. After we made the appointment we headed to the Market to kill some time. Then i saw it, the hat i had been searching for for months. A Houndstooth derby hat. With me and Hannah's impressive bargaining skills i got the hat for only 10 dollars. We walked around a bit and then headed back to the Westbank to stop at the bank and for Hannah to make it back to Midlife. The whole time we were driving we were low on gas and practically didn't make it back. Luckily we didn't become those people that run out of gas while in the drive up line at the bank. We did become those people that almost run out of gas in the drive up line at the bank. Following soon after i headed out to the Mount Carmel Talent Show to see Natalie and Jeanne Marie perform. Both were amazing as always. When i got there the doors were crowded with people and they weren't letting anyone else in. Luckily Natalie snuck me in the back door and kinda just went in like i owned the place. Mount Carmel basically loves me. After the show, Miss Lozano gave me and the other seniors a cut stone necklace. I'm in love. I've been wearing it ever since. "The stone is rough and will wear down to form fit to your bodies energy. Its for the creative artist." I love that woman. Natalie and I headed out to dinner at Reginellis in Kenner. Delish. On the way, a car full of screaming tweens rolled down their window and screamed to me at a red light. Its funny that this isn't the first this has happen leaving Mount Carmel. Like i said, Mount Carmel basically loves me. After dinner me and Nat went over to Dani's with Hannah. A simple night of cookies and milk. And like the classy gentleman i am, i got Nat home right on time.
Saturday, the moment of truth. Hannah and Dani picked me up and headed straight to the tattoo shop. The day finally came, and i did it. The Four Queens of Narnia were all by my side, and tying my shoelaces together while i was sitting in the chair(thanks Mattie). The tattoo is pretty much the most hardcore thing I've ever done. After leaving we received a tweeter from Alex stating a soccer game and pirate convention and since we were uptown i automatically assumed they were both at the fly. We basically walked in on everyone's family day. Ha. I said my goodbyes to Hannah and Dani and was dropped off at Buffalo Exchange to meet up with Chase and Lance or Chance and Lace. We picked up a few things and walked over to American Apparel where we found our costumes for the boy band we are starting. Pretty Perfect. We will be amazing. We strolled down to Funky Monkey where my dreams came true. I found a red tie and cummerbund. So many things i bought in the city over the weekend that made me happy and that just added to the list. We decided to go to Lances house for dinner but first stopping at Wal-Mart to pick up t-shirts and dye. We made it down to St. Rose. The evening consisted of tye-dying, hamburgers, beers at a neighbors, football, no shirts on, and Wendy's frostys. A successful night with the boys. I finally made it home and Dani, Hannah and Jesse, stopped by after Mid Life. The day couldn't have been better.
Sunday i woke up bright and early for a long day at work. The day it self wasnt that bad. I stopped at McDonald's near the house and met up with Chase, Dani, and Hannah. A good time to say the least. Chase and I headed out to The Locks for a cherry top to the weekend. Its always relaxing to end the weekend there. Its my one spot to not think about anything and have no worries at all. I love that spot. Im glad Chase was there with me. We said our goodbyes and i headed home but first stopping to get a snowball.
The weekend was that of epic proportions. It made me realize I have a life worth living with some amazing friends by my side. One thing i kept thinking is that Im not one of those young teenagers anymore, Im finally one of those "Older Kids" I love it.
I wouldnt trade this past weekend for anything in the world.

No comments: